The scholarship program is sponsored by the North Thurston High School Booster Club. Funds are generated from the contributions of our members and Booster Club fund-raising activities that take place during the year.
A candidate must meet each of the following conditions:
- Be a senior, in good standing, at North Thurston High School.
- Plan to attend any accredited 2- or 4-year university, college, community college, or vocational/technical institute beginning in the fall of the student’s graduating year.
- Parent/Guardian must be an active/lifetime NTHS Booster Club member or Board member (Prior to December 31 of the current school year).
Four scholarships valued at $500 will be awarded to selected NTHS graduating seniors. Scholarships will be applied towards school tuition, fees, and costs. Scholarships must be used during the school year following high school graduation. Payment will be made directly to the educational institution upon the award recipient’s submission of a statement to the Booster Club Treasurer.
Criteria for Selection
In awarding scholarships, the North Thurston High School Booster Club shall evaluate the candidates based on the following criteria:
- Character, integrity, and personal qualities.
- Embody a well-balanced high school experience.
- Academic achievement.
- Additional, meaningful participation in an activity outside of school (work, community service, volunteer, etc.)
- Essay must be typed with double spacing. The font must be no larger than 12 on Times New Roman.
Application must include the following:
Completion of the attached scholarship application form, including the blank rubric & scoresheet.
Submittal of applications
- Applications must be SENT, by end of school day on March 31, 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
- Questions can be addressed to Booster Club Scholarship Committee Chair,
Dennis Longnecker email: email@example.com
- Applications can be obtained at the North Thurston High School career center or on the NTHS Booster Club website.
- Scholarships will be presented at the NTHS Senior Honors and Awards Program in May.